Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Cheonan Visit (26.Dec. - 1.Jan.)

12 Day Term Break!
GOD is Great!!!
(seriously, this is the longest term break since my terms off back in Nov. '11 - Feb. '12)

What did I do? I visited my 1st home in Korea: Cheonan.

Journey started 26. Dec. (my Christmas present to me!)

From my Asiana flight (window seat too).



Keep up the good work, guys!
See? These people know how to keep tourists feeling welcome and want to come again.



View of Korea--in snow



Wow, this airport really is small.


I like it.


Dec. 27: I visit a certain cafe I used to frequent when I lived in Ssangyong-dong.

Ok, different name, but the same guy is there.
This guy has done a great job with this cafe. The name, decoration, menu, everything . . . he did himself. This is literally his cafe. It's got books, games, 2 computers & a printer, and the menu is pretty good too. As far as the pastries are concerned, he makes them all by hand, from scratch--himself.
You don't want to miss this place. If you pass by, tell him you saw his cafe on my blog. I can't guarantee a discount, but I'm sure you'll like it.



Karen and I wanted to try ice skating at the Cheonan Sports Complex, but it was closed. At least we got info on when it will open--even had someone offer to get us in for free.


28. Dec.: Afternoon dedicated to catching up with a friend I hadn't seen for over a year.

Yay, good times.



Emart Traders
(like a Costco or Sam's Club, but under Emart)
1st time I've seen that.



Point of view


My favorite bridge in Cheonan.


29. Dec.: Get together with 4 of several beloved students

I kid you not, this evening went by waaaayyyy too fast. This is what happens when you spend time with people you miss and love.


30. Dec.: Another afternoon dedicated to another girl I hadn't seen in way too long (and at another cafe I really missed).


 
Yay! Back in Lower Garden!
(Their menu has changed--and extremely expanded)



Kate wanted to be the photographer--and me to be the model.




What? A cat and a bird friends?



Here we are.
Great seeing you again!


31. Dec.: Last day of 2012
Karen and I hit the ice.







The guys clearing up the ice during break-time.




The Olympic gate at Cheonan Sports Complex 



The 2 tubing "hills"



Stadium, tubing slides, and ice rink rules.


I think I got it!



Wait, maybe I really do have it



Hi!


Oh, stop posing?
I didn't fall! (I was on the ice for a good 1.5 hrs.)


1.Jan.: 1st Day of  2013
Last lunch in Cheonan
I met with the former Jr. Coordinator at Seo-Cheonan (when I was there) and her family at Mount Fishtail Restaurant (great Indian & Nepali food!).


Isn't she adorable?



Happy family


Ah, the end of my trip has come.
Sadness.
Well, I'll do what I can to visit once more before I leave for good (as it now seems).

No comments:

Post a Comment