Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Christmas on Jeju

Hi all.
So yeah, . . . Christmas on Jeju . . . right . . . It's really not exciting.
Christmas is becoming popular in Korea year after year, but it's nothing like in the West. Christmas is like another Valentine's Day in Korea. Most shops and restaurants are open (great for me, 'cause then I'm not as bored).
So yeah, not at all the same kind of Christmas we get in the States or Europe.


At least I was invited to a very different event:
Yeap, the sign says it all!
I couldn't understand half of what was going on and the kids were, well, kids.
At least they were kind enough to consider me and welcome me. That says a lot.


After, I just went for another of my random walks.
Never without surprises.

A building . . . how exciting

I know it's not, but what is has is.



Who wants to go tubing?



This is the place and the days they're having this.



Behind is an ice-skating rink.
Must.
Go.



Watching from a distance as several people have fun going down.
I want to join them.



Hmmm . . . the prices make me think about this a bit.


Can we do it anyway?

No comments:

Post a Comment