Wednesday, January 24, 2018

Snow at Masan! (10. Jan. '18)

On Wednesday, January 10, during the first half of the day in Winter English Camp at my main school, we were interrupted.
It was snowing.

My co-teacher was explaining a grammatical point in Korean. As I was waiting for her to finish, I scanned the room, trying to read the students' faces. Then my peripheral vision caught sight of something out the window. I stared for a few seconds before it registered what I saw: snow.

Before I could stop myself, I pointed to the windows and said, "Snow!"

My co-teacher and the kids immediately followed my index finger and saw the snow. That's how I ruined the learning environment.

Or did I?

My co-teacher and I decided we'd let the kids go out and enjoy the snow a bit AFTER we finished the section we were working on. After accomplishing that in 15 minutes, we all grabbed our coats and poured out the school doors to see and play in the snow.

It was during this time my co-teacher informed me that it had not snowed in Masan last year--at all.

So we were in the same boat. My last winter was in Florida, and it hadn't snowed there either (at least not in the part of Jacksonville my family lives in).


Let me show you how it was.

"SNOOOOWWWWW!!!!"

Panorama of the schoolyard dusted in snow.

I shot this short video too. Gives a clearer picture, don't you think?

No, that's not dandruff! Yay, snow!

Back in the classroom. Class did not resume quickly.

From the hallway window across from my classroom. Nice, eh?


Video taken from the same window like the picture above.

Looking at the gym from the 3rd-floor stairs window.

Interestingly, the snow stopped falling around 2pm, and by quitting time (16:40), it had basically melted away.

But it was nice to see this beautiful, clean, pure cotton glide gracefully to the ground. It was also refreshing to take a break and enjoy this moment with the kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment