Thursday, January 25, 2018

Taiwan 1: Arriving to Taipei (16. Jan. '18)

Arrival in Taiwan

Tuesday, 16. January 2018 at 11:00 . . . Goodbye Jeju.
12:15 (1 time zone back) . . . Hello Taiwan!

Moving to Korea this time, I had a layover in Taipei for 3 or 4 hours. I decided I needed to return for an extended visit.

Fortunately, I was able to this past week.

There are lots of pictures to share, so please bear with me.


Welcome to Taoyuan International Airport (not in Taipei, but very near to Taipei).

Wow, my compliments to the architect--and those who clean the floor.



Just in case you're wondering where you were.

Getting food at the airport

After getting through immigration and arrivals, getting an EasyCard, and buying a SIM card for 5 days of unlimited data, I needed to get rid of my hunger.
If you arrive in Terminal 1, go down one level, and you'll come to the food court (there's another in Terminal 2, but with different options). There, you'll have a plethora of choices. Below is an off-focus picture of mine.

My 1st meal in Taiwan--and completely vegetarian!

Where I got the vegetarian meal--Food Court of Terminal 1.

That meal was TWD 158/ USD 5.44
So vegetarians, Muslims, Jews, low-protein, and any others with other dietary restrictions . . . You CAN  find food you can eat here.

I don't eat pork or seafood (except for fish). 

I've learned that in East Asia, pork is a vegetable AND a seasoning. You will find pork everywhere, even in items that claim to be "vegetable." With that said, even I found plenty I can eat here.

I've been informed a couple of times how a food item did not have milk or eggs (ya hear that, vegans?).

I see Taipei indeed is the Foodie Captial of the World (this conclusion was after checking out the food at the night markets as well as the airport food courts).


Off to Taipei via Airport MRT

Fed and "full-filled," it was time to make my way to Taipei--and find my hostel. There are plenty of ways to get from the airport to Taipei.
I chose the MRT train line connecting the airport to Taipei Main Station.
I happened to have gotten into an Express MRT Train. Totally unplanned, yet just as welcomed.

Taking the Express Airport MRT from the airport to Taipei Main Station

A short video of the Express Airport MRT train.


Was this your idea of Taipei?


As you see below, this large city has space a large park.


Development never stops.

Inside an MRT station, at a platform.

Inside an MRT train.

It can get quite crowded--it got much worse.

My hostel was Taipei Livepal Hostel, about a 5 min. walk from Songshan Station (end of the Green Line/Line 3), Exit 3.
I reviewed it too. Just look for my title: "Cool, quiet, capsule-like experience in Taipei."


View of Taipei 101 from around the corner to my hostel

I checked-in, got my day-bag, and left to catch the attraction I wanted to see in this city--if possible, in daylight and nighttime.

No comments:

Post a Comment