Monday, March 11, 2019

Gardens By The Bay--Daytime (20. Jan. '19)

What is a trip to Singapore without going to Gardens by the Bay? That would be like going to Paris and not going to the Eiffel Tower (who knows, maybe it's not that big of a deal for some people, no judgment).

Let me show you where I went via my photos.

The Shoppes at Marina Bay Sands

If you are on a budget, don't shop here. Fortunately, entering, exploring, and looking around are still free. Shoppes at Marina Bay Sands happened to be between the Gardens and me. Must I go through it? Then through it, I must go.
Luxury items are not my cup of tea (why buy a bag, when I can get an international plane ticket for cheaper?), so I walked through quite quickly. However, that does not mean that nothing caught my attention at all.

A brilliant centerpiece, right at the food court at the bottom.


See how interactive this floor is? Cool way to keep the kids entertained until your meal arrives (this is at the food court area).

So now I can go uninterrupted into the Gardens, right?
Oh. Nope. Got something else in my way.

Marina Bay Sands

Just Singapore's famous luxury hotel, Marina Bay Sands, that's all. Nothing major.
I could go on about the hotel, but that's not what this post is about.
Here is one way (not the only way, remember that) to get to the Gardens: go outside, and you'll come to the elevator pictured below.

This is where you wanna go, right?

Look for a place like this around the outside of the hotel.
Take the elevator to the 6th floor (don't worry, your only options are "6" and "G" for ground level). You will walk through the hotel, from the 6th floor, and then go out "the back" and into the Gardens.

Whoa.

Sheesh.

Are you sure I shouldn't be paying an entrance fee?

Whoa, how many gardeners do they have, and how well are they paid?


Ah, yes. The famous landmarks: the Supertree Grove(s) and the two conservatory domes.


Alright, I'm here. I'm really here.

How long did it take for this park to be built?

Supertree Grove & OCBC Skyway

Whoa, look at that. You know where I'm going next, right?

How you go up (and come down).

Bring on the heights!

Whoa, I like it.



This panoramic shot just doesn't do it service.

Hello there, Marina Bay Sands hotel.






How they get the "trees" to be covered in plants.

The random covered area provided relief from the sun.

Conservatory: Flower Dome

This is the 1st of the 2 domes I entered. I'm glad I went here 1st. Besides, it was air-conditioned.

Chinese New Year was coming in about 2 weeks.

Conservatory: Cloud Forest

I liked this one more than the flower dome. The flower dome was okay, but I loved the waterfall and the elevated walkways more.

The first thing you see once you enter Cloud Forest.

General info.


Oh yeah, you know I am going up there!
Wow, so this is how it's like.


Kudos to the architect, engineer, and team who worked on this.

Alas, in a place like this, there will always be crowds.
Vertical panorama of the waterfall.

An offering of orchids

Below is a slideshow of photos and video clips. There are a few more on this video than I inserted on this post.
Please remember, I'm not a professional. Don't expect professional quality content. This blog is my online photo-album, after all.


No comments:

Post a Comment