Wednesday, March 13, 2019

SIA Hop-on Bus (21. Jan. '19)

This was now my last day in Singapore--and I was ready to call it quits. I'd say I was tired from the trip by then and didn't really care to see anything more in Singapore (that could have well changed if I had found a however-small nature spot that I'm sure exists somewhere).
Nevertheless, I still had a day to kill. What's more, since I flew in on Singapore Airlines, I was entitled to some privileges. One of them was going on the SIA Hop-on Bus at a discounted rate (about SGD 20, as opposed to SGD 40 +/- at other venues).

Meh, why not? Let's do it.

I didn't even take that many pictures. I just wanted to enjoy the ride on the open-top, double-decker bus, while battling sunburn and heavy rain (had both that day). Also, if I remember correctly, my plantar fasciitis was acting up again. So it was best to walk as little as possible.


Suntec City's Fountain of Wealth

Did you know this is the largest fountain in the world?

Little India

As you know, Singapore is truly cosmopolitan with people from EVERYWHERE. Indians make up a large percentage, having traveled, moved to, and lived in Singapore for generations. This one bus route took us through Little India.

So lovely

Had to make sure we came around again for another shot.

The main road--and something was going on.

Do you know about this festival? Because I don't.

This just made me think about how near Little India is to Chinatown.

Suntec City/City Tour Bus Main Stop

This is where you wanna be if you're getting on the major city tour buses.
There are others, but you'll find Big Bus Tours (and SIA, which is the same).


Oh. My. Word. (I want to call them "empanadas").
These are soooo savory! Soooo good!

One last trip to the bay area

See the rain clouds? Boy, did they come down!

I enjoyed the Garden Rhapsody so much, I wanted to watch it one last time on my final night in Singapore. I also video-called a friend so we could watch the show "together," even though we were on the complete opposite sides of the globe at that point.

Don't remember seeing a snail that big and alive before.

Oh, like those fake flower hair accessories, but these are real!

How cool is that architecture?

From here (after the Garden Rhapsody show), I returned to my Couchsurfing host's apartment, picked up my stuff, said my final thank yous and farewells, and high-tailed it back to the metro to make my way back to the airport. My flight left early the next morning, but I wouldn't be able to get a ride to the airport (except by taxi) that early in the morning (and I might have had to disturb my hosts, which I didn't want to do either).

So spend the night in the airport I did. I barely slept all night, even though I tried in a few different places. At least I found the butterfly garden (all asleep, unlike me), the free 24/7 cinema, a transit hotel and transit hotel express (?), and how much I loathed staying up all night (family and a few friends helped me stay awake). I will say, I never slept so deeply in an airplane. Get this, I slept so deeply, I did not feel the take-off AT ALL. Was I dead, or was I dead?

So I made it back to Korea. Five hours on the airport limousine bus later, I returned to my city. About 30 min. after that, I arrived home. What a lovely ending.

No comments:

Post a Comment