Saturday, April 11, 2020

Last Trip to Busan

For the longest while, I wanted to go on the Busan City Bus Tour.

(However, be warned: there are two separate companies! There is BUTI with 4 different lines and the Jumbo City Tour, which really has just one, but it transfers to BUTI. I made the mistake of going on Jumbo.)

I finally went on February 21, 2020.

Who knew The Beatles were this wild?

The top floor of the tour bus: empty

Busan Harbor Bridge

Songdo Beach

The rest of the pictures are from my favorite stop: Songdo Beach and Cable Car.
Fun, funky walkway

No worries, even if you're scared of heights, it's only a few feet down.

Cable cars still going, although mostly empty.

Had we known how COVID-19 was gonna go...

Got the glass-bottom cabin!

I love glass-bottom cable car cabins!

Go by land or by air?

All day, I got extreme alert notifications on my phone (entirely in Korean) about people contracting COVID-19 in different areas all throughout the city. I stayed on the bus except for Songdo Beach and getting to and from my hotel (near Busan Station). It was annoying to receive alerts I couldn't read. I could make out a few things, but rarely the main gist. Anyway, I had a bit of a stomach bug, and I was ready to go to my hotel.

When I returned to my hotel room, I started feeling feverish and a little wobbly on top of my diarrhea. Was this COVID-19?

No comments:

Post a Comment