Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Coordinators' Meeting (15. May 2011)

Sunday, May 15, I went to my 2nd Coordinators' Meeting. Considering that the meeting started around 8:30 (with free breakfast @ 7:30), this meant I had to wake up insanely early at Cheonan to make it to Hoegi station (in Seoul) on time. I woke up @ 5am (on a Sunday!), but there was a reason: I wanted an excuse to the use the KTX train.

The KTX is Korea's bullet train. A regular train ride of 1 hr. and 10 (+/-) minutes can be covered in less than 40 minutes with the KTX (travel time between Cheonan and Seoul).

Well, I got ready a little quicker than I anticipated, so I decided to walk to the KTX station from home. It took 40 minutes.


Pictures from my 1st bullet train ride ever:


From the circle-bridge, just before sunrise.




The sign on my platform. It's the train on the top (#332) that I'm waiting for. This was taken about 12 minutes (+/-) before the train arrived.





Inside the train from my seat. It reminds me of an airplane!





See the tv at the top? On the upper-left corner of the screen, the train's speed was displayed. It went up to over 300km/hr. (186 mph).





Whoa. I'm tired, but this is cool.




Ok, so much for tons of pictures. I wanted to watch the scenery go by--and did. Then, at Seoul Station, it was a dash to the metro to get to Hoegi, then a dash to get to the Main Institute. Praise God, I made it. It took about 1 hr and 30 min. total travelling time and 13,600 Korean Won ($12.52 USA/ 8.80 Euros).





Random picture as I waited for the metro that would take me home.

I have a friend who works in this Institute. Oh, by the way, this picture was taken from the train platform. Hi, Rebecca!


No comments:

Post a Comment