Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Jeju Island (Day 2: Part 1)

Sorry everyone, that it took me so long to upload Day 2.



I tried to post it all as 1 entry, but then the site froze.



So, I had to do it all over again and split this day in 3 parts (I have 90+ pictures to show from this 1 day).









Well, for Day 2, I went down to Seogwipo, at the extreme southern end of the island--about a 1 hr. bus ride away. This is where most of the natural attractions are.






Anywho, let's get on with it.









A view of palm trees at Seogwipo.







A curious sight.







My 1st stop.







The bridge to get to Cheonjiyeon Falls.







The sheltered walk-way to the entrance of the park.







Lavenders, peeping through.







The stone grandfathers: they are the icons of this island. You see them everywhere.







An interesting path through the creek. Later was I to realize this is the exit.











Cheonjiyeon Falls










Another look at Cheonjiyeon Falls.














The water is just begging to be photographed.












. . . so are these flowers.











Serenity











My shadow on the path across the creek.









The path.









The path again.






On my way out, I could see the Saeyeon Bridge and Saeseom Island.



This is a poor attempt at a panoramic shot.








The front line to the sea.











Prelude to the Saeyeon Bridge.











Saeyeon Bridge






Under the bridge.






The rocks that go out to the sea on Saeseom Island. I went out there.









A kind stranger offered himself to take a few pictures of me. Much appreciated, since I was, after all, by myself.








Yours truly again.











What can I say? I love this bridge's architecture!



















Hooray for transition lenses (the kinds that turn dark in the sun and light in-doors).






I went up those steps. Kinda fun, especially with the strong wind from the sea.
















Another attempt of a panoramic shot.









Going out to the rock on the sea.



It was very windy, so quite dangerous.












The view of Saeyeon Bridge from the edge of the sea.






Oh, blue water . . .








This is where I came from to get to the edge of the sea. Now, I need to return to get out.



It seemed harder the 2nd time around.







Oh, clear water . . .






After going around Saeseom island (duration: about 15 minutes), I get a view of this bridge again. The frame from the trees, bushes, and leaves make a stunning picture, don't you agree?









The palm trees that greet me in and bid me farewell as I leave Seogwipo Harbor.






No comments:

Post a Comment