Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Jeju Island (Day 2: Part 3)

The last part of Day 2, spent in museums.


Museum #1


In the lobby: "The Master's Voice".





A chandelier of seashells: quite fitting for an island.







What I love about this museum is that it's hands-on. Here are two pedal-organs that actually play! Too bad I don't know any good organ music.







A keyboard you can play with your feet.






For scale, that's my foot.







A stringless harp . . . and it plays!






On the 3rd floor, this hallway greeted me.






My favorite room! Full of musical instruments to play with--even though I have no idea how to play them!





Oh, windy path . . . .





Music hanging from the ceiling.




Pretty.




A wall that makes up the Korean flag.





I couldn't resist.





Yay Korea!





Back to the Master's Voice.






Museum #2: Chocolate Land and Museum.






Wanna go in?





Free samples! Yay!

All are made with exotic Jeju fruits.




Going downstairs . . .




Where you can make your own chocolate . . .






. . . and where you can just buy it.




How fitting: "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory".





Chocolates from the Americas!





European chocolates!




Mozartkugeln!

Yay for Austrian chocolates!




Wow, look at the Asian section . . . interesting how most of the chocolates are Korean . . .





Looking back at the 1st 2 museums I visited. the Chocolate Museum is behind the building you see here.





What?! Ripley's Believe It or Not?!

What are you doing here?!




This one is about an hour's drive from where I lived in the States (Maryland)!





As I left, at dusk.




The Cafe. Must be interesting, but it was already closed.





Standing back at the Airport Limousine Bus Stop, waiting for the bus to take me to the World Cup Stadium, which is where I could get the bus back to Jeju City.




My dinner (and only real meal of the day):

Jajangmyeon (black bean and noodles) and Bibimbap (rice with mixed vegetables).





Back at the bus terminal in Jeju City, an interesting silhouette.

Reminded me of Alfred Hitchcock.


Finally, the end of Day 2.


Next, Day 3--Halla Mountian and Cheonjeyeon Falls

No comments:

Post a Comment