Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Outdoor Church (14. May 2011)

On May 14, 2011; the 2 Cheonan SDA Institute churches met to have their annual outdoor church in a park by Cheonan Sports Complex.

It was a very nice spring day . . . although my allergies were the worst ever. I never had allergies so bad in my life! I felt like I was dying.

On a lighter note, 1 of my students came and joined us for Sabbath School and church! This has never happened before: it's exciting!


Let's get on with the program:



The stage.



Sabbath School started with a few musical numbers, like the following:




Traditional Korean flute duet (honestly don't know what its called).




The pastor from the downtown Cheonan Institute and his massive camera.




A flute trio.





A nice sextet.



Well, then Sabbath School started--in Korean. No translation or anything for us who cannot understand Korean. This was when Ann and I decided to go for a walk around the park. Michael (my student) joined us. Here is a little bit of what we saw:


The fountain by the stadium.




Really bright magenta flowers.




A tiny waterfall fit for the tiny creek.




Downstream




Another miniature fall




How a fish might see this.




Right beside City Hall and the various bus stops.


I still had to give the Children's Story and sing with the made-up SeoCheonan church choir (made up of just about everyone). Then the sermon, which was translated.

As spiritually shallow as this may seem, the highlight of the event was lunch. I've never seen so much variety of food outside of an all-you-can-eat buffet--and they were divine! (quite fitting for a church lunch, I must say).

After lunch, they were going to have afternoon activities, but with my allergies, I had to leave. Fortunately, one of the other foreign teachers had an extra mask. It helped, but I was still sneezing up a storm. I had to leave, so I did--with 2 other foreign teachers. If it wasn't for my allergies, the day would've been better. Oh well, no worries.

No comments:

Post a Comment