Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Jeju Island (Day 5)

Day 5: The Journey Back


I left the motel with all my stuff and made it to the airport by the bus I found the day before. When I got to the airport, I was told that my flight was delayed for about over an hour. In the meantime, I decided to walk around and explore the airport.



Now I know I'm on an island; where people are laid-back and don't care about spelling out an entire word, but use abbreviations.


The bridge to get to the check-in counters (2nd floor).





Yours truly with a Hallabong (1 of several typical kinds of oranges in Jeju).

It was the best I've ever had!




The Hallabong in it's naturally artificial habitat.





Same bridge to the check-in counters . . . only from the extreme side (where the "Jeju Int'l Airport" sign is).





This bus helped me get to several major tourist sites on Day 2 and 3.




Now, from the other extreme, facing the abbreviated airport sign.





I didn't edit this picture with the cartoon feature: this is natural and actual.




In the ladies' restroom.

Brilliant.




No idea what this is or what its purpose is.





Ooooo! A "Little Museum"!

I've got plenty of time to waste, let's go here!




Whoa, just look at the detail.





Buddha's head and me (just to give scale).





Thanks for the last-minute education you gave me!


Okay, let's go outside 1 more time.



Stone grandfather under a palm tree.






More Palms!




2 of the most popular images you'll see all over Jeju: but the stone grandfather is more popular by far.




Some clothes with the typical Jeju dye.




Ah, soon, I should find myself in a place like that . . .




. . . or so I thought.

The 1st on the list is my flight. It was for 11:25. Now it's for 12:50.

I was not amused.


But I made it back to Gimpo (Seoul)!


Now, to get the shuttle bus that'll take me straight to Cheonan. . .



Well, I missed one by 15 minutes, which meant I have to wait 1 hr. and 15 min. for the next one.

Ok, I'll try it.


What?! The bus isn't taking passengers?! You mean I just waited for 1 hr. and 15 min. in vain?!

I was royally ticked!



This means: take the airport metro/subway to Seoul Station, then take the train to Cheonan.

Fine. As long as I get home, I don't care.

I was able to get a standing ticket 5 minutes before the train left. Praise GodI made it and found a spot to sit.

Yeap, I found a spot in the snacks/arcade car.

Hey, a seat is a seat! It was either this or stand for a little over an hour after a long day with delays and disappointments.

Yeah, I thought so.



Dang, I'm hungry and the snacks are staring at me . . .

I didn't succomb to temptation though. I had better plans (Vietnamese Restaurant in downtown Cheonan).




All this space was filled about 5 minutes after I took this picture.

I kid you not.


Whew!

That's it!

That's my trip to Jeju Island during Term Break, 27. April - 1. May 2011.

No comments:

Post a Comment