Monday, May 12, 2014

After the "Golden Weekend"

I'm back in school, trying to figure out what to do for classes--so I thought I'd give myself this break to keep you all updated:

After I posted the previous entry, I went for a hike on a trail that's been calling me for months. It was rather simple, and it showed me how out-of-shape I am. Still, going on the trail was like therapy. 
Then I went to Wonju to try out a new Thai restaurant that opened called, "Thai House." I'd rather not go back. The menu had a large variety, even a vegetarian sub-menu, but it wasn't working for me. For about $13 I got a plate of spicy vegetables--that's it. If I wanted rice, I had to pay extra. Yeah, since Thai food is "foreign" in Korea, I guess the prices are expected to be steeper, but it was steeper than what I was willing to pay. The taste wasn't even that great; just spicy. I could've gotten a better deal elsewhere, I believe. Then again, it may've been my mood.

Tuesday was much better, with an overdue visit to a former-student/friend in Seoul. We met at her university, since she's working on her TESOL course.

Today had 2 surprises:
1. My main school had staff pictures today. I found out just before my ride arrived to take me over. Typical Korean surprise: finding out LITERALLY at the last minute. Fun times.

2. My box from the States FINALLY arrived! ^.^
I have my summer clothes & shoes, a few extra books, other random stuff, and . . . ta da da da! My camera! My blog has been picture-less for WAYYYYYYY too long. That will change really soon. Maybe not in the next post, but definitely in the one after.

No comments:

Post a Comment