Monday, May 26, 2014

Rose Garden in 원주 (Wonju)

This past Sabbath, I went to the SDA hagwon church in Wonju. In the afternoon, I went back home, changed, and got my camera for the rose garden in the park behind the bus terminal. I was going to meet the other SDA lady teachers there. There's going to be a Rose Festival there next weekend, but with all the celebrities, performances, and crowds that will be there; we decided to go now, since the roses are in full bloom (some even dying) and the crowds are non-existent. Here are a few of what I was able to capture:


This was 1/2 of the entire rose garden. It hardly took up any space in the park.


Now for several profiles . . .









































We were amazed by this two-toned rose. I couldn't take enough pictures of it. I've limited myself to share only 2.






































This rose was given to me by middle-aged "happy" Korean man (we could smell the liquor off him). He greeted us, took pictures with us, gave each of us a hug (barely a hug compared to Western standards, thank GOD), and left. Then he came back with 3 of these roses: 1 for each of us. That was an "interesting" experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment