Sunday, October 1, 2017

Rest area, Owl Guesthouse, and a bakery that sells REAL bread

So I went to Seoul on Saturday, 23. Sept. to a friend's birthday celebration going on that evening.
Since the venue would be near Seoul Express Bus Terminal, I decided to take the express bus directly there.

A view of the rest area. Definitely not like in the States!
The rest areas in Korea are almost a destination in and of themselves. They've got all sorts of (overpriced) food and snacks, toilets (where everyone goes), sometimes even cafes and stores.

After a 15 - 20 min. stop, we continued on our way to Seoul (buses usually stop at a rest area half-way through their trip).

I arrived. My friend and other friends ate dinner and went to a norebang (karaoke) and enjoyed ourselves (even though I had a sore throat).

It was off to a hostel for me. Fortunately, I booked one nearby called: Owl's Nest Guesthouse.
I can honestly say this was one of the best hostels I've ever stayed at.
The lady running it (with her mother) was lovely, helpful, and spoke excellent English. Well, she did live abroad for about 6 years in Scandinavia, so I guess that's to be expected.

I did not sleep well, but that was 'cause I was sick.

In the morning, I went downstairs (hostel is 3rd or 4th floor, restaurant/cafe is 2nd floor).
The next picture was my breakfast.

You don't get this kind of breakfast in any hostel!
Ok, yes, I did need to pay extra (6,000 Won), but heck, this was worth it!
Afterwards, her mother sliced some apples for the guests.



My sliced apple
I really liked it here!
If I don't have anywhere else to stay in Seoul, I'll definitely come back here!


How it looks from the outside.
This hostel is 2 stops from Seoul Express Bus Terminal. Shew, I walked back to the terminal from here! You could use either Line 7 (Nonhyeon Station) or Line 9 (Sinnonyeon Station).
Very convenient and recommended!

I met with other friends later, and we ended up (after lunch) at a bakery/cafe in Dongdaemun district.

Said bakery/cafe
They had real, "old world" bread!
But I'm not sure how legit they really were. In Korea, if it is bread, it is sweet by default. Even garlic bread is sweet (ugh!).

Sorry, but gotta rush. I have a Chuseok vacation to go to and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment