Monday, September 3, 2018

Jeffrey's Bay (19.- 23. Aug.)

Well, my days in Cape Town had come to an end. They were great. I definitely want to return--but not alone. I did feel a little unsafe on my own, though praise GOD nothing happened. But for peace of mind, it would be nice to go back with someone.

Not just Cape Town, but all the airports in South Africa I've been in.

Now, it was time to meet up with my friend and her family. We made the arrangements that I'd fly into Port Elizabeth (P.E.), and they'd pick me up at the airport. From there, we'd drive down together to their vacation home in Jeffreys Bay. I stayed with them for 4 days. I had a lovely time with them, going along to different outings and other things throughout the days, each day. I won't go into details, just know it was a good time.

Panoramic view from their main porch. Whoa.

The view from my bedroom window(s). Nice!


I don't remember ever seeing this plant before.

I have seen this one before.

Chicken Braai at their vacation home. (*mouth watering*)

I've seen plenty of buildings with this kind of "straw" roof.

Cute kitty in a store!
Port St. Francis, the smallest private-owned harbor in St. Francis, South Africa

On our final day there, we went on a cruise all over the community. Never thought I could board a boat to get to know a neighborhood--outside of Venice!

Friend's family, boat captain, and boat.

One of several bridges we went under.

Friend's family's vacation home, without giving away too many details.

On Thursday, August 23rd, we all made our way (back) to Pretoria. My friend and her parents drove (taking the bulk of the luggage along). Her grandparents and I flew to Jo'burg then drove to the one grandmother's house in Pretoria. Towards the evening, the grandmother took me to the friend's home (that was a lovely house/neighborhood too!). It's sad to think that I could only spend 1 full day there before having to depart for the airport, making my way back to Korea...

No comments:

Post a Comment