Monday, September 3, 2018

Lucky and Lost Tour (18. Aug.)

On August 18th, I went on the Lucky and Lost 1-Day Essential Tour, from Cape Town to the Cape of Good Hope.
If anyone has the chance to go down to Cape Town for a few days, make sure you leave one day for this tour. You won't regret it.
By the way, I am not getting paid for this post (but I won't turn down money, just sayin').

I made a video of the pictures and videos I took on this tour. There are two group photos included--neither of which I took. Our fantastic guide, Diana, took them for us and sent them to each one of us. I'm just trying to give credit where credit is due.

Before I put up the video, I wanted to give you a short run down of what's in it.

Bo Kaap

The colorful neighborhood of Bo Kaap was our first stop. There's a lot one can say about Bo Kaap, but I'll leave one link here.

Penguins!

Our second stop was Boulders Penguin Sanctuary. Yay for seeing African Penguins roaming free within (and without) their own little space!

Cape Point Nature Reserve & Cape of Good Hope

Cape Point Nature Reserve is enormous!
Diana served us some Cape Malay food for lunch. Vegetarians and vegans, it was purely vegetables and made with you in mind!
We reached a point where we had to decide between 2 hiking trails: either up to Cape Point or down to Cape of Good Hope. Four out of five chose to hike down to the Cape of Good Hope. I don't know about the others, but what settled the deal for me was the prospect of better scenery and fewer tourists.
We met with Diana and the one who didn't join us at the bottom, as she said she'd pick us up from there so we wouldn't have to hike back up.

Wine Tasting

We were taken to a wine farm in Noordhoek for some white wine tasting. We were given the option to not participate (although I'm sure the others judged). Since I don't drink at all, I didn't want to taste any wine. Besides, my sense of taste ranges from good-ok-bad. I suck at identifying flavors. So then, while the others tasted four kinds of white wines, I had hot chocolate (I feel like a child, a happy child--which is hilarious, given that I was probably the oldest in the group, minus the guide)! It was nice.
So glad I was understood and respected!

Chapman's Peak (Drive)

This was such a beautiful and scenic drive!
I feel bad to have included my pictures, given they don't do this place any justice whatsoever. But I needed something for this part of the video.
Diana also gave us some Cape Malay dessert. I cannot remember what it's called, but it was delicious.

From here, Diana drove us back and dropped us off at our respective hostels. Good times, indeed.

Alright, here's the video.

No comments:

Post a Comment