Friday, October 8, 2010

Weekend off (Friday, Oct. 1)

This has been a full and tiring week. So glad we have today (Friday, Oct. 8) off; this gives me a chance to update my blog and let you all know what I've been up to.
Last weekend was my weekend off: that is, I didn't have to present anything for Friday night or Sabbath morning. So, I decided to spend some time in downtown Cheonan that Friday afternoon.

Inside the 12 bus, (the line I need to go downtown).
If only I could understand what little I can read . . .

It was pretty empty for a Friday late-afternoon.


This is probably why: I took the right bus, but the wrong direction. This one took me to the Korea Nazarene University. Reminds me a bit of Southern.


Don't know what it says, but it looks cool.



The bus stop right in front of the university.

I arrived to downtown from the university without a problem. I had to buy a few things and I decided to explore this mall called "The Galleria". It was nice, but way too expensive for me. At least I took a few pictures inside of a couple of things that caught my eye.


I wasn't expecting this.



Wow, a marble bed . . .
Then again, a lot of people sleep on mats on the floors (the floors are heated), so a hard bed like this is not totally surprising.



The SDA Institute in downtown Cheonan, just across from the Galleria and a block away from Yawoori, another yet more popular mall in downtown Cheonan.
I went to Yawoori and walked around. It is huge! I'm sure some of my fellow orientation-mates will like to come here.
Afterwards, I went to the Friday night program in this Institute. It was good and they had more students, so they were able to do more.


An animated pic of the Galleria as I was walking towards the bus stop to go back home.



Some more of downtown. I like the lights.



The interesting needle-and-flowers sculpture right in front of Yawoori (and at the bus stop).
Well, that's it. I really didn't do much, just walk and look around. It was good. Oh, but on Sabbath, that's when I went on a trip with my church down to Geojedo (Geoje Island) at the southern tip of Korea.
I'll share more about it on my next post.



No comments:

Post a Comment