Friday, October 29, 2010

Party Day with Evening Students (27.10.10)


For Party Day (Last day of the term), my evening Level 1 and Level 2 students decided they wanted to celebrate by taking me out to dinner with them. My morning Level 1 class was going to come as well, but their schedules did not permit them. We went to an Italian restaurant and later to a French bakery.
Ok, let's go to the pictures now.




The Italian restaurant my students took me to (2nd floor).





Going up the stairs.





My place.




Level 2!




Level 1!




Lighted Night





Animated crowd






Reflections of a good moment






Chicken steak with sweet chili sauce (and others). It was soooooo good!




Animated still motion





Tea Time on Party Day




Elegant vessels





Bird's eye view of my tea cup.



Attention with Coffee





Thoughts and Relaxation




Great Audience





They love me!




I think they put something in my tea . . .

But why? I passed all of them . . .





A fleeting moment as we leave




Our tables




From the back (where we were) looking toward the front.




Now I know where I can find some pasta ingredients (no promise that they'll be inexpensive).




Interpretation




Original



From here, we went to Toujours bakery. My students had me go on a shopping spree, constantly encouraging me to get more. I really didn't want to abuse and take advantage of them, but I understand this is typical in Korea: students like to buy gifts for their teachers as a way to show appreciation. I certainly do feel appreciated: there are no doubts of that! I'm still overwhelmed by their generosity.




Rain of Lamps





Reflecting Group



I am soooo thankful for all of my students and I am very grateful to my evening students for this generous and appreciative gesture. Thank you all so much again. I hope to see you all--especially in my classroom--on Tuesday (1st day of the new term).

No comments:

Post a Comment