Friday, October 8, 2010

Weekend Off (Sunday, Oct. 3): Oedo

Sorry about the lack of order in my posts; technology hasn't been very cooperative.
This is all from Sunday morning: all 90+ pictures . . . my largest post by far.
We left the house in Geojedo and drove for about 30 minutes over to the dock to get to Oedo.
The dock with windmill.
That's the boat we used to go to Oedo.

More boats.


Some lady selling shells?


The rest area / WC



We had some time before the boat left for Oedo, so we started going up the hill to the windmill.




This is not the best panoramic shot (it's obvioulsy stitched), but it's the best I could do.



Ah, nature and wind . . . I am very happy.



Now, up to the windmill.


Hmmm, maybe this was a little close . . .


another panoramic shot



So happy to be surrounded by nature again


The dock and village.


We're in the boat.


Yay! Cliffs!


We're going to enter 1 section . . .


. . . I'm excited.


After doing a reverse, we keep on going.

From my window seat.



Going up the hill, looking down to the dock.



This is where we will come down to leave.
The stairs remind me of those pics of the white houses and stairs in southern Greece.

Seeing this tree/bush reminded me of the Dr. Seuss books.



Alright, now let's begin exploring this island of a national park.

Yay! Yucca!
From this point on, I could not stop taking pictures or put my camera away. I hadn't realized how much I missed nature until I was here and again when I started to look through my pictures (all 200+). These are only some of all the pictures I took. This is also the reason why this post is the largest post in this entire blog, up til now (and maybe ever).


I've never seen so much cacti


This one was fun to edit.










Oh, something Greek . . . my archaeological side is exicited.



The Agora--with its small versions of a few famous sculptures

'Tis Aphrodite.

She looked like she needed help . . .
You know me: always willing to help.

From the agora, looking towards the rest of the island.


Rainy and cloudy, yet beautiful.

now, for some color



Respect
(Bow)


Looking out into the distance.


That path is the "Stairway to Heaven".


Agora.

Sooooo inviting . . . Must enter . . .

Let the photo-taking fest continue!





Looking back towards the dock and seeing the agora.



Back of the island.



A cafe we had to pass by. Nice steps.



From the cafe balcony (I couldn't resist)



Frame-within-a-frame (and fish-eye) effect.


Beautiful views from up here.


The Stairway to Heaven and I.

The closest I could get to capturing both in 1 shot (I tried stitching, but failed miserably).

This was another fun 1 to edit as well.
The next few are from a sculpture garden area. Apparently the theme was motherhood. Here are a few of the works:





My favorite.




No stitching involved in this shot.


An interesting etching I saw inside the shrine.


The shrine.


From the top of the Stairway to Heaven.




Time to start going back down to Earth. (no pun intended)


Along the way

At the bottom.

From bottom, pointing up.






I took a picture when I was coming up, but this one turned out better.

As we were leaving.
Sphinx!




Going down the steps that remind me of Greece.




back in the boat, riding high waves to get back to land.

I guess it was kinda bright.
So yes, this was explorations in Oedo.

No comments:

Post a Comment