Friday, October 8, 2010

Weekend off (Sabbath, Oct. 2)

Sabbath, Oct. 2.
I went to church (later than usual--again, I didn't even have to attend, although it's better to do so). During the church service, behold a surprise: we had special music!
This is the 1st time I've seen special music at my church since I came! Nice to see its still done.
The special music. Good job, men.



The pastor giving his sermon.


The bus.
We left right after lunch.



The inside towards the front. Not the kind I'm used to seeing, but ok.



the row beside and behind.



1st pit stop.
Went directly to the toilet, and then I started taking pictures. This was behind the rest area.



The rest area (along with gas station, restaurant, shops, toilets, and other stuff).



Back in the bus, we were all given a block of rice cake, complete with raisins, figs, nuts, and it looks like a potato (?).
It was nice and warm, but I couldn't finish it.

Next pit stop was another rest area but the stalls had a very important sign on the doors . . .
Western style (sit)
Traditional style (squat)


Makes me want to sit cross-legged and hum.



The 2nd rest area.


Dinner.
The pastor (in gray) with some of the church elders.



1 of the bathrooms.
Yeah, no shower curtains or tubs . . . just space.
I guess this is why people need shower shoes.


My "bed".
We slept on mats on the floor. I am very grateful for the open window and the fan . . . if it weren't for them, I would not have slept well that night (it was warm and I need it to be cool in order to sleep well).


The next morning, I looked out the window and saw we were about 30 meters from the sea. Camera in hand and still in pj's, I went out to record my surroundings.
This panoramic shot came out better than I thought it would.


Behind the house.


The house from behind.


Map of the island on the side of the stairs.



Ah, soooo good to smell the fresh air and feel the wind from the sea again . . .


This is a good morning to wake up to.

No comments:

Post a Comment