Sunday, September 26, 2010

Sabbath Walk around West (Seo) Cheonan

On Sabbath (Sept. 25), I had a cold and was trying to recooperate. I slept a lot and decided to go for a walk outside for 2 reasons: 1) I saw the sun was out, and 2) just to be outside. Those of you who know me know I need to be outside. So I went. I just took 1 street and wanted to see how far I had to walk in order to leave the city/reach grass/whichever came first. I took my camera along as well.



This statue caught my attention. This is a statue of Yu Gwansun. She was an ardent Korean patriot who helped lead the March 1st Movement protest against the Japanese (Korea was occupied by Japan at this time). She was arrested and her parents were killed. She continued protesting even in jail. She was severely beaten and tortured. She died of her torture wounds and was buried quickly, 'cause the Japanese guards knew her influence. All this and she was 17 when she died.



Dramatic angle




Beside the statue.




E-Mart.

This is where I usually go to get my groceries. Americans, this is like Walmart on steroids. Those familiar with Interspar, this is like Interspar . . . on steroids.






Finally, some nature.





I'm glad I went walking this way; 'cause I found the closest metro/subway station to my apt! And I don't even need a taxi to get to/from here!




Walking back, after I discovered the station, I also see something I don't usually see everyday.







On the way back, we meet again.




This was actually taken on Sunday. I've never seen this kind of flower before.






They can be quite large.




Ok, these are all the pics I have for you now. Now if you will excuse me, I have a cold to fight off.


No comments:

Post a Comment