Saturday, September 25, 2010

Chusok (pt. 3)

Thursday: Itaewon. Ever since I arrived to Korea, I've been hearing about this place called, "Itaewon" and how it is the place to go when you need/want something from home. Itaewon is the place to go for foreign stuff (like American/European size clothes and shoes). Well, we got there and took a walk around.

As soon as I walked out of the Itaewon Station (bottom center of picture), I turned around and this is what I saw.

Starting below are the plaques that are spread out on the sidewalk on both sides of the street. This is a very international place. I didn't take pictures of all of them, but here are some to give you an idea:

































We walked pretty much from 1 end to the other. This was at both ends.



Ah, such a lovely day.



fun with editing (as usual)



Such a large, yet very friendly looking dog.
Beautiful animal.



At the entrance to Times Square from the Yeongdeungpo Station. Some numbers spin.



Besides the editing, see any differences from the previous picture?



At the main Times Square auditorium. Apparently something was going on.
No idea who she is, but she has a lovely soprano voice.



There was quite a crowd.




1 Security guard per bridge . . . always gotta be careful.




Another singer. No idea who he is either. Lovely baritone voice, though.



They sang a duet ("All I Ask of You" from Phantom of the Opera). Sounded nice.
Well, from here I returned to Cheonan. It took longer than expected, being stuck at 1 station for about 30 minutes, but I made it (praise God).
Ugh, now back to teaching on Friday . . . still in holiday-mode.

No comments:

Post a Comment