Friday, September 10, 2010

More pics of my Institute


*deep inhale, deep and slow exhale*
ahhhhhhh, much better.
Praise God it's Friday!!!
I had a busy week, with classes and preparing for weekend activities (I had to prepare for the Music club/Sabbath school and Children's story tomorrow). I also started my Religion class on Thursday (we were supposed to begin on Wednesday, but didn't realize it til it was too late. No worries. The regular term--English classes--goes for 7 weeks and the Religion class goes for 5; so ending a day later doesn't make much of a difference). I just had my 2nd day of Religion class (1 I had to prepare almost from scratch). It's a lot more enjoyable than I thought it would be. It's even--dare I say--fun?!

The surprises keep on popping-up out of where I never expected.

Makes me a little excited to see what next week will bring . . .





Anywho, here's my institute in Seo (western) Cheonan. You can see it's on the 3rd and 4th floor of this building. If you can look closely, you'll see the 3rd floor is divided between the SDA Language Institute and a spa. Go figure.





The info. desk with Isaac.

The desk is facing the elevator I come in and out of everyday.




Once you pass the info. desk, you'll walk through this hallway. My classroom (#404) is the last on the right. The "Staff Room" you see on the top is for the Jr./children's teachers (the Korean staff). Ours (foreign teachers' staff room) is at the last door to the left.





Just as you are entering the building, you see this on your right.

Kinda tempting, but as far as learning something goes, the Korean language takes precedence right now.




The inside of the chapel.





Inside of the chapel continued. The door to the left leads to the foreign teachers' staff room.




Oh yeah, remember the spa I mentioned? Here it is, facing the Jr.s' classrooms. Who would've thought?





Yip, and now the signs.





Last Sabbath (4. Sept.) afternoon, Thulie took me to downtown Cheonan just so I can see how to get there and learn a few things.

For example:

1. Unless you like not having any space to move in the bus, don't go to downtown Cheonan on the weekends--especially Sabbath afternoon.

2. Koreans' #1 hobby is shopping--as downtown clearly has plenty to satisfy anyone from casual shopper to shop-a-holics.

3. Downtown is the place to go if you crave Western food. I saw a McDonalds, Burger King, Pizza Hut, Dunkin Donuts, KFC, Starbucks, and an Outback Steakhouse . . . even a Krispy Kreme (donuts)!

4. Downtown doesn't have much to offer someone who is more interested in the history and culture of the people/country.



So yeah, things like that.

I need to start getting ready for vespers now.

Til the next time I've got something to post!

No comments:

Post a Comment