Friday, September 3, 2010

A Few Sights From Uijeongbu

On Sunday, Aug. 29, I found out that 1 friend I hadn't seen in about 3 yrs. was living about 13 stops away from me on the train (and on the same line)! It was a sudden decision, but I decided to reunite myself with her.


When I got there, I was surprised to see her twin sister there as well (I'm friends with both)! Yay! Double the joy!

Well, things got a little interesting: I was with them a little longer than I thought I'd be. I ended up spending the night at her place. I left with her sister for the train to get back in time for at least worship (@ 8:30 am). This means, we woke up at about 5:40 - 6:00.

With their help and that of a nice Korean lady, I made it to the train station (it was a bit far) and back to the guest-house at about 7:30 or so.

An adventure indeed, but I don't regret it at all. If I had to do it again, the only thing I'd change is that I'd leave earlier.



The stop.




Where they took me to eat. "Lotteria" is like Korea's "McDonalds".






A color fountain on the promenade.





Oooooo




Ahhhhhh





Mmmmmm






Dessert!

It was really good (waffle, whipped cream, strawberries, and chocolate syrup), but it was really small.







An interesting obelisk.








A horizontal screen. If you're bored, just go sit on 1 of the benches under this thing and stare up.









Whoever designed this promenade liked colorful lights.










I'm not complaining, just think the colors are interesting and not something you can find (absolutely) everywhere.





On the way back, both of these caught my attention.

I wish I knew exactly what they're about.

I feel illiterate.


No comments:

Post a Comment