Tuesday, September 12, 2017

My Recruiter: Alistair Wery of Korean Horizons

Wanna come teach English in South Korea?
Prefer the public school sector?
I highly recommend my recruiter, Alistair Wery from Korean Horizons.

***DISCLAIMER: I'm NOT being paid for this review or to write this. I am sharing my opinions and experiences of my own free-will with altruistic intentions because, well, why wouldn't I?***

I already wrote my honest review of him on this blog.

I appreciated his services so much, I contacted him to help me come back this time around too. The first time around, he helped me get into EPIK (English Program in Korea). This time, he helped me get into GOE (Gyeongsangnam-do Office of Education).

If I wanted to return to EPIK, I would have needed to apply directly--that is, I could not apply through a recruiter again. Alistair recruits for EPIK and other provinces not part of EPIK (a few provinces hire directly instead of through EPIK).

I just really wanted his help, so I decided to go through this province of Gyeongsangnam-do ("South Gyeongsang Province").

I'm delighted with the schools I got, even though I'm pretty sure he had nothing to do with this. The schools/co-teachers/students are very much a lottery. You can either get a sweet deal, or you could get the short straw. That is really out of your hands.
What is in your control is how you cope with the situation you are placed in--but that's another talk for another day. 

If you like what you read and want to contact him, below are photographs of his business card.

In English

한국어로 (in Korean, just in case)

Would you like to start teaching in Korea at the beginning of the Korean school year (March)? If so, now is a good time to start looking into that and getting your documents in order.

If you want a peek into what's available for teachers in Gyeongsangnam-do, check out this website made by current, experienced teachers.

Best of luck on your Korean English Teaching job search!
It will not be easy. It will be time-consuming and frustrating at times. But if you stick it out, you'll get there.

No comments:

Post a Comment