Thursday, September 7, 2017

Summer Vacation, Part 3: Visiting Friends and Former Students in Jeju (23. - 26. Aug.'17)

Oh, how wonderful it was to be back in Jeju!
I don't love summer at all, but man Jeju almost had me change my mind. Almost.

Thanks to Hostel Lyndon's laundry service, I was able to wash (AND dry) all my clothes (I was in pajamas). My backpack full of dirty laundry turned into a backpack full of clean clothes. Soooo nice.

One of my favorite parts, the currency board.

Now that that was finished, let me go and explore Jeju City a bit. Let me go down Memory Lane as I ride the buses I used to ride and see how the place has changed since I visited/lived there.

I stopped by a restaurant called "Uknow Crepes" for (what else?) a crepe--only to remember that I just had 2 wisdom teeth taken out of my right side. Well, I already paid and didn't want to waste my money, so I just chewed on my left side, even tilting my head to the left for extra help from gravity.

Should I have stuck with only soup? Probably.
Did I regret this choice? Not really.
If I could enjoy it with a swollen face, how much more if I was completely okay?
My crepe. It hurt so good.

Just my size: big!

A former student and I met for lunch at the best Indian restaurant in Jeju: Bagdad (and it's Halal!)

Seriously, the best Indian restaurant in Jeju, if not Korea.

After, we went next door for dessert (not planned, but it turned out that way!)

"Alice" on the 2nd floor

Dessert: Green Tea bingsu with green tea ice cream and cheesecake with green tea sauce.
Oh man, that dessert was so good!



Forrest Tunnel in Jeju Island, going towards Seogwipo from Jeju City through the center road of the island.

I met a few others that evening and the following day. Below is a picture of a former colleague of mine (also from Jeju SDA Language Institute): Duke.
Good overall guy, just doing what he can to provide for his family.

Good to see ya, Duke.

Ah, it was a good, yet short visit. I'll see what I can do to make it better next time.

Next: Return to Cheonan before returning home to Masan (end of my summer vacation).

2 comments:

  1. Yes, good to see you again, Joann! It's always a pleasure to talk with you about many things! Thanks for being supportive. Sorry this message is rather LATE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No worries. Better late than never. ;)

    ReplyDelete