Wednesday, September 6, 2017

Summer Vacation, Part 1: Visiting Friends and Former Students in Jincheon and Cheonan (18.-23. Aug.'17)

I did not waste any time. As soon as I was done with my last day of summer camp at my second school, I was gone!

I needed to drop some stuff off at home and pick up my backpack, then I left the apartment, only to return 9 days later . . .

First stop (Friday): Jincheon!
I have a friend who teaches English at a university there. We need to do some serious catching up--and she invited me to go to church with her that Sabbath. About 4 hours on a bus, an almost 2-hour layover in Daejeon, a 1-hour bus ride, and a 5-minute taxi ride later, and I arrived at her humble abode.

From the bus, riding north on the highway.



Second stop (Sunday): Cheonan!
This is my first city. I've spent 14 months there. Every single time I pass by or enter this city, I feel as though I'm returning home.

Between Sunday evening and Tuesday night, I was able to meet about 5 friends (also former-students). It was a tad chaotic, but oh so wonderful to see them again!


Night Lights in my hotel room.

KTX when leaving the station...

KTX when it passes without stopping...

Slightly ominous sight while leaving the Cheonan-Asan KTX station

Korea's parks and walkways are so inviting.

Everything you see in the video above did not exist 2.5 years ago. This is what Koreans can build in 2.5 years--and entire city!

I've never seen a fountain like this! (신불당동에서)

First time I've ever seen this. I like it.

Next: Seoul to have my wisdom teeth removed in Gangnam (강남).

No comments:

Post a Comment