Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Jeju for 1 day (30. Jan.)

Whoa, what a delay. Last week was Lunar New Year (설날) and I was off touring Korea 1 last time. I'm also now in a hotel as I type this 'cause I had to move out of my apartment last night. Today is the last day of my contract. We'll see how it goes.



Anyway, let me tell you how Jeju was . . .

I spent the night in Gimpo Airport. I'll never do that again. I didn't know until I was there that this airport actually closes. Granted, it's the biggest domestic airport (longest flight being to Jeju: 1 hr. 10 min.), but it also has an international terminal. So imagine my surprise when I was being told to leave from the international terminal at around 23:00. Whoops.

Long story short, I stayed there til I could check-in for my 6:30 flight to Jeju.

Hooray for Jinny (former SDALI Jr. teacher) who picked me up from the airport--and later dropped me off that night! I didn't realize how much I missed her, nor how pure her heart of gold is.

I was able to see some of the teachers at the institute, a few former students and friends. It was quite rushed, since I was there for the day (arrived in Jeju @ 7:40 and left @ 21:30--same day). I didn't take a lot of pictures, but let me share the few I did:


Lunch with Jull (sorry, not really shown in the picture)


Steamed rice wrapped in a lotus leaf.
I've never had this in Korea before, but let me tell you: it was nice!


From inside the restaurant, looking out.
It was on-and-off showers that day.


The porch window (right beside my seat).
I love these hidden gems.


We later met up with Jia (another former SDALI Jr. teacher) and had bingsu.


Said (green tea) bingsu.
This was the best green tea bingsu I've ever had! It mostly consisted of green tea ice cream than crushed ice.


Thank you to all those who made the time to see me during my rushed time in Jeju. I really love all of you and will miss you all terribly. You guys are the reason why I will cry when I leave Korea. Just know, anytime you want to visit me, just let me know (and I'll let you know which country I'll be in! :-P)

No comments:

Post a Comment