Sunday, February 8, 2015

Miyajima (21. Jan.)

From Iwakuni to Miyajima.

I made it to Miyajima Station and took a pit-stop. Then I noticed something and decided to capture it in photo:
See something missing?
Here's a hint: Where's the soap?


Yes, it is sometimes difficult to find soap in public restrooms, 'cause they are nonexistent. Thank GOD for hand-sanitizer.


The squaters + handle bar for an extra help.


The Western-style toilets.
Always happy to see them.


This is where we're going.
Can't really miss it.


The ferry station.


Didn't think I'd see Spanish,
Who knew?


To the ferry!


Inside said ferry.


Nice scene as we're pulling out to sea.


Can you see that orange Shinto gate (torii)? That's where we're going.


A little clearer now.


Oh snap. It's closed today.
It'll be open tomorrow, but do I really want to come all the way back here with my carry-on and drag it all the way to the aquarium . . . ?
No.


Oh, well this is something I don't see everyday.


Japanese tourists + inquisitive deer.


Deer as far as the eye can see.


And not shy either!

Note: Be careful with your papers; the deer will eat any paper you have on your hands. I know, one came to me and started eating my map!


Rickshaw rides, anyone?


Entrance


About ready to venture in.


Beach with deer prints in the sand.


Now, I'm on this side of the gate.
You can get an idea of the size of this thing when looking at the people on the bottom.

This is low tide. During high tide, it looks like both this gate and the shrine behind it are floating on the water. Must be lovely.




Going in.


So free.




Peaceful


I can't stop looking at that. I love the Five-storied Pagoda's architecture.


You can see the foundations of the shrine.


A ceremony is going on.


Who goes there?!


Looking into the shrine where the ceremony is being held.


Lots of people wanting their photo moments.


Including yours truly.


Again, isn't it cool?


Another bridge, yay!
But it's closed off, boo.


Looking back at the exit.


Follow this back to where I started (before wandering through the shrine).


Looking back to where I came out of the shrine.


Just look at the detail!


Oh, now you tell me.
You two agree with this?


My main struggle the entire trip.
But they made it so cute.


Goodbye Miyajima, and thanks for the maple-shaped bars!


There's way more to this place, but I was running out of time. I'd definitely recommend this place. I really liked it.


Now it's the end of Day 3.

No comments:

Post a Comment