Tuesday, January 24, 2012

EuroTrip 2011 (Austria-pt.1)

Switzerland behind us, Austria before us, but we have to go through Germany . . .



At Lindau train station in Germany.
These are train ticket kiosks, but the one on the left is Austrian and the one on the right is German.

Basically, "God's Greetings to the Boden Lake."
This kind of greeting is typical in Bavaria (the largest state in Germany).

Ah . . . German bread . . .

The view from our window.



A new friend in Bogenhofen (my language school).


"The long and winding road . . ."

This was my classroom. The classroom has been renovated, because the building lost its roof and got soaked during a storm.

Same thing happened to the old chapel here as well.

Even the doors/walls to the chapel.
The sign to the cafeteria, principals' offices, and administration.

This used to be a street cars drove on. Now, it's strictly for pedestrians.

Lunch at another friend's appartment in Salzburg.
I promised him I'd visit him in his appartment. I promised him 4 years ago. It's about time I followed through with my promise.

Candles and a Turkish lamp

Oh yeah, did I mention this guy is Brazilian (and proud)?

Okay, kinda awkward, but the other girl and I just started taking pictures as we waited for the guy.

After lunch, we went out for a stroll.

Oh, we're going to hike a mountain?

Yeap, Kapuziner mountain at that (no relation to "cappucino").

Whoa, for this kind of view, that steep mountian climb on slippery ice was worth it.

Ah, Salzburg . . .

Oh, hello, m' lady.

The fortress rising high above the old city's center.

Let's go back home.

No comments:

Post a Comment