Tuesday, January 24, 2012

EuroTrip 2011 (Austria-pt.2)

It's great to be back in Bogenhofen. The feel is mostly the same, but the different people add a new element to it.


Welcome to Seminar Schloß Bogenhofen!

I saw this animal sleeping there all the time. No wonder: it's very warm!

In Braunan, Austria; looking at the bridge the stretches over the river Inn and connects Austria to Germany.


Ooooo, weapons . . .

Samurai swords in Austria?
Talk about globalization.

Litteraly: "Dog parking place."
This was just outside a grocery store.

The music school.
The building was constructed in 1647.

See anything interesting?

Hmm, look at this vain cat, that is right at the window so everyone can admire her.

Oh! Maybe she's not so vain, just cold.

The new lamp in the kitchenette in the girls' dorm.

The church has an elevator!
This is news to me!

At my friend's appartment at the top floor of the girls' dorm. This is one of several flowers she has in her appartment. I couldn't help myself; I had to take pictures of them.




Hmm, well that's one way to make a bench.

Welcome to the Vienna West train station.
I'm back in my favorite city!

Stefan's cathedral under restoration (it's been like that since I left in 2009).

Let's go down the promenade, shall we?

My Kebab place! It's still here!
Great Kebabs for less than 4 Euros: cheap, quick, and filling.

Well, well, well; look who's next door!

My students! What do you think of the menu?

Where I had my first gelato back in 2006.

A major art gallery.
Check out the stairs.
I haven't been there, but I believe that this is a public bathroom (you pay to use them) where you can be cultured as you "answer Nature's call."

If you ever want to rent a bike, just go to a CityBike station. You can rent 1 in any station and leave it at any other CityBike station.

One of my favorite museums ever: Haus der Musik ("House of Music"). It's a hands-on museum that touches on music and the science of sound.

Calling all comic-book fans!

This is at the United Nations Plaza.

This tower has a cafe and restaurant, but the coolest thing is that it rotates. In 10 minutes, you can have a 360 degree view of Vienna. I live this place too.
One of my favorite palaces: Schloß Schönbrunn ("Beautiful Fountain Castle").
Just to think the family I'm staying with lives within walking-distance of this palace.

No comments:

Post a Comment