Tuesday, January 24, 2012

EuroTrip 2011 (Switzerland-pt.2)

I didn't use my camera so much for the next couple of days. I wanted to enjoy the moment as much as possible. When I'm just looking for opportunities to take pictures, then I miss out on priceless moments. You can't have everything you want; and by me, that's okay.



My really good friend was in Switerland and came to visit me at my friend's home the day after I arrived. I thought of preparing the clementines and persimmon in a little more attractive way. I think I failed.

After lunch, we went for a walk. We passed by this building: the Adventist church, about 2 km from my friend's appartment.


A chocolate-covered-marshmallow-on-a-cookie concoction I tried. I didn't like it.


Recycling center in a supermarket.

The 62 bus, going towards Oerlikon, where we transfer to train to Zürich's main train station.

From the train station, going out to the street.

Looking back at the train station entrance (1 of them).

Lots of people passing by.

The city and its river at night.

One of the most common sights at said river.

Lights

Light effect

This is a "Fondue Tram." Not only can you ride the tram, but you can eat fondue as you ride! Unfortunately, I didn't have the opportunity to try it.

One of several docks throughout the city.

O Tannenbaum, o Tannenbaum . . .

Walking through the center again.

My friend and I say these "gift boxes" and decided to check them out. Turns out each one has something from the childhood of several generations in "Christmas Past."

Stonehenge?

Now, we're going back home.

Interesting architecture that caught my attention. This was near the church.

The sanctuary

Yeap, there's a balcony too.

The sign at the top says, "Adventist church."

This also caught my attention.

Water polo anyone?

Back to the main train station.

It's Escher!
But not the artist; it's the Swiss statesman.
The entrance to the "RailCity."
It really does feel like a city in there, with trains that go all over the continent.

Going with my friend to visit her German teacher's home. After the train left, this wa my view.

A view of the area from the appartment.

No comments:

Post a Comment