Monday, January 23, 2012

EuroTrip 2011 (Germany-pt.5)

One Sunday, my friends took me with them to Wittenberg. This is the town where Martin Luther lived and nailed the 95 theses to the cathedral door.


Walking down a street, you can see a really tall tower. That tower is part of the church where Martin Luther nailed the 95 Theses.

Just like all other town centers before Christmas Eve, we have a Christmas Market.

Unlike any other I've seen, we have a Ferris Wheel?!


Santa on a sleigh in mid-air?!

I'm not the only one who sees this as something you don't see everyday.

I honestly don't remember what he was saying.

We've arrived to the famous cathedral.

Around the tower, you see writing. It says, "A mighty fortress is our God."
Hmm . . . sounds familiar, doesn't it?

Apparently, this church has a very long history.

More ruins. Don't ask me from what time.

Ok, photo-shoot moment.

Back to town. My friends want to go shopping.

I just thought this was interesting.

Whoa, I haven't seen so many bikes since Korea . . .

One guy wants to buy gingerbread hearts for his family members. The other two are helping him.

Oh look at that, they bought chocolate-covered-pears-on-a-stick for each of us! How nice!

Standing in the shadows of Martin Luther.

An embossed map of the town.

Lutherhaus (Luther's home).
Don't judge the quality; I know it's not the best.

Thanks for the picture, Olga!

Back on campus, I decided to walk around a little more. Then, I found this sign.
It says, "Adventist Church, Church Service, Saturdays, 10:00 (am)."
Very clear, I think.

Just gives another idea of how far away some of the closest places are from Friedensau.

The bus stop in order to arrive/depart from Friedensau. Although from this angle, it's departing.
Which is exactly what I will do next.

No comments:

Post a Comment