Monday, January 23, 2012

EuroTrip 2011 (Germany-pt.3)

Frankfurt was nice. Now, it's off to explore Darmstadt (where my friend lives).
First stop, an apartment designed by an architect by the name of Hundertwasser (literally, "hundred waters").



yeap, you can't miss his style anywhere.
Not a single straight line anywhere (don't know about the windows, though).



I remember visiting a school he designed. It's up between Wittemberg and Dresden.

hmm . . . that's an interesting idea . . .

Ha! I knew of wedding halls in Korea; but I didn't think I'd see one here (much less, undergoing renovations). Go figure.

The five-finger tower and the Russian Orthodox church.

Here, you can learn about the different articles that make-up the German constitution.
On each pillar, there's an article. On the space between the two pillars, on the ceiling there's a picture that belongs to that particular article. It felt like "German Constitution for Dummies."

WHOA.
Now those are platform shoes!
This is a display from the theater, showing the different costumes and such.

Walking through the Christmas market in Darmstadt, I got a nutella filled crepe.
Delicious.

My friend was going to make some more cookies and found a great cookie-cutter vendor.

This is modeled after the candel holders that have a fan at the top. The flame on the candel pushes up hot air onto the fan, which in turn makes the fan spin.

I got a lebkuchen (gingerbread heart) too!
Except for the plastic and the ribbon, it was completely eddible.
The frosting was way too sweet.

No comments:

Post a Comment