Monday, January 23, 2012

EuroTrip 2011 (Germany-pt.4)

It is time to move on. I left my friend in Darmstadt and went to visit another one in Friedensau. There is an adventist university there. I've heard of it, but I wanted to see it for myself.

The white building is the guesthouse. This is where I stayed. It went beyond my expectations. I basically had a 2-bedroom apartment (with kitchen) and 4 beds all to myself. I couldn't believe how they tried to spoil me!

This building (behind the flags) is the cafeteria (and I think a clinic and some of the administration, but I'm not completely sure).

The library.
*drool*



The nursing home. Most of the elderly people here used to work for the church. I never got around to visiting it though.

Walking around campus on my own, I found this.
Thumbs up for Old Testament Studies and Biblical Archaeology!

This is the campus shop and post office.

The church.
They have many Social Work and Theology classes here during the week.

The "Bible Garden"
This garden has only the plants mentioned in the Bible. I'm sure it looks nicer in the spring and summer.

I'm assuming it's supposed to represent the garden tomb.
Looks a little creepy.

The boys' dorm.
I didn't find a girls' dorm. I guess the girls live in whatever appartments they can find.
The Good Shepherd in the Bible Garden

Inside the sanctuary after the church service.

Part of an outdoor ropes course and climbing wall hidden in the woods on Friedensau's campus.
I really wanted to try it, but it was closed at the moment. I didn't have another chance to try.

Yeah, I don't have PhotoShop so my photo-stitcher was lacking, quality-wise.

Looking back.

No comments:

Post a Comment